Today’s hectic lifestyle and workload don’t allow us to live a healthy way. The passion for junk food in youths and environment filled with stress gives us an unhealthy body. The tummy is the worst affected part of the body of all, where lots of fat gets deposited. The risk of ill health and diseases develops due to the fat around these areas. A fitness routine and a proper diet will help lessen these risks. There are multiple ways of burning calories and sweating it out like exercise, swimming, jogging, running, cycling and hiking but Yoga for Belly Fat is the best way to get a slim belly.
Yoga for Belly Fat not only helps in reducing belly fat, but also allows you to maintain your body and brain like never before.
Some significant yoga for belly fat
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
It is a great warm-up pose. It not only improves the circulation of blood but also ensures that your body is prepared for the other postures.
How to do:
- Stand on your feet, spread out your heels a little and the big toes of your feet should be in contact with each other. Stand absolutely straight with both hands on the sides and palms facing your body.
- Extend your hands to the front and take the palms near to each other.
- Breathing in deeply, draw out your spine, lift your folded hands up over your head and extend as much as you can.
- Try to rise up standing on your toes with the eyes facing upwards. If you are not able to stand on your toes, you can place your feet flat on the floor.
- Inhale normally and keep the pose for 20-30 seconds.
- Breathe deeply and while exhaling, gradually relax and bring your feet back to the ground.
- Repeat the same process 10 times and raise the counts slowly. Rest for 10 seconds before you try the next repetition.
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Surya Namaskar is a combination of twelve yoga poses, each of which has a large impact on the whole body. Its forward and backward curves allow stretches, while long breathing performed throughout the practice helps in detoxification. Practice this Sun Salutation in the morning, facing the Sun for gaining maximum benefits.
How to do:
- Stand straight and expand your chest and loosen up your shoulders.
- As you inhale, raise both your arms from the sides and as you exhale, take your arms to the front of your chest and put them in a prayer posture.
- Breathe in, lift your hands and extend backwards.
- Breathe out, bend forward and try to touch your knees with your forehead.
- Leaning your left knee and extend your left leg also. This is known as the plank posture.
- Come to the ground keeping your spine out. Here your chest, knees and chin should be in contact with the ground.
- Breathe in, extend forward and bend backwards.
- Placing your hands fixed on the ground, breathe out and bend forward.
- As you breathe in, take your right leg ahead, in between your elbows and draw out upwards.
- Take your left leg onward and inhale deeply.
- Extend back from the waist.
- Get back to your initial posture.
Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend)
It is the best Yoga for Belly Fat. The stomach gets entirely compressed while leaning forward, which burns fat. So the compression helps tone down the tummy.
How to do:
- Stand in the Tadasana posture with your hands on either side of the body relax your feet with the heels touching each other.
- Straighten your spine.
- Breathe in deeply and raise your hands up.
- As you breathe out, lean forward such that your body is parallel to the ground.
- Breathe in then breathe out and twist forward entirely with your body falling away from the hips.
- Just try to touch the ground with palms erect on the ground and without twisting your knees. (Yoga beginners can try to touch the toes or only the ankles to start with, working your way to the ground).
- Holding your breath, push your tummy in and keep the pose for 60-90 seconds.
- Breathe out, leave your toes and raise your body to return to the Tadasana Pose.
- Repeat this asana 10 times and take an interval of 10 seconds between 2 repetitions.
You May Also Like:- Simple Yoga Poses for Back Pain to Get Relief within Minutes
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
It is one of the fundamental poses of Hatha Yoga and it encourages the center of your solar plexus. This Yoga for Belly Fat acts as a tummy toning posture, the forward bend also provides a complimentary level of extends to the hamstrings, hips and as well as thighs. It is also ideal for those who are inclined to digestive disorders.
How to do:
- Sit on the ground in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Keep your spine erect and extend your legs out in front of you. Your feet must point towards the ceiling.
- Breathing in deeply, extend your hands over your head without bending your elbows. Your eyesight should follow your hands. Extend your spine to the maximum.
- Breathe out and lean forward from your thighs. Take your hands down and try to touch your toes. Your head must relax on your knees. Beginners can try touching their ankles or only thighs as a start.
- Once you touch your toes, clasp them and try drawing them back till you feel the stretch on your hamstrings.
- Inhale, clasp your tummy and try to keep the position for 60-90 seconds. Gradually amplify the time of holding the pose for 5 minutes or if possible, do more.
- Breathe out; take your body up, relieving your toes from the fingers to return to the Padmasana or Sukhasana pose.
- Repeat this pose 10 times to start with, working up to 25 times or more.
Apart from these Yoga for Belly Fat, you can also practice for – Naukasana (Boat Pose), Pavanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose), Ushtrasana (Camel Pose), Marjariasana (Cow Cat Pose or Cat Pose), Uttanpadasana (Raised Foot Pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), Relax with Shavasana (Corpse Pose), Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) etc. They are beneficial to give you a slimmer belly.