Yoga Poses for Beginners – Time for a New Start
The name Yoga has begun its celebration during the vedic times. This initial devotional and deep thought of making your body effortless welcomes the nerves to know who we are. Yoga not only helps you in looking after the health and physique but following the Yoga with complete steps by steps process gives you an extra cover for diseases like asthma and cancer. Likewise if you have only heard the favors of yoga and you are just thinking to start with different exercises don’t wait for the right time and give it a start now!
Yoga Poses for Beginners–A Step towards Good Health
Yoga is a commixing of ethereal techniques and practices that point towards the coordination of body, mind and inner soul to attain the state of understanding and union with the nature. There are different paths of yoga that points up unique techniques and ways but eventually delivers the same target of union and understanding. So here is the list of Yoga Poses for Beginners.
Sun Salutation –
Sun Salutation or popularly known by ‘Surya Namaskar’ is the old practice of greeting to the sun that embraces physical activities to attain good health and wealth. There are around 12 poses of Sun Salutation. To begin with Surya Namaskar, follow the steps below:
- With both your feet touching stand strictly straight towards the direction of sun. Join your hands and bring them to your heart level.
- Take a deep breath and raise your arms in the upward direction. Bend slowly backwards and then stretch your arms as you can just above your head.
- Exhale and now bend in the forward direction and try to touch your toes.
- Again take a deep breath and move your left leg slightly away from your body in the backward direction. Put your both hands slowly on the floor and now raise your head.
- For the 5th pose, Exhale and bring your right leg together with the left and try to make an upward arc while lifting up the hips high and lining your head with the arms.
- For the 6th pose .i.e. called as the eight limbs posture, Release the breath and lower the body down to the floor slowly until your hands, forehead, and knees touches the surface.
- Again Inhale with the same position and uplift your head in the backward direction as much as you can.
- Release the breath slowly and bring together your both the feet, again lift up your hips taking the support of your arms while making the upward arch.
- Repeat the same steps in the backward direction from step 4 to step 1. That finishes your Surya Namskar. Sun salutation is the first Yoga pose for beginners that are taught in every Yoga campaign.
Tree Pose –
Tree Pose raises the balance level and strengthens your ankles and spine. For doing the tree poses, stand straight on the surface. Then shift your right leg weight onto the left leg. After balancing the pose raise your hands in the upward direction and join them like you do in the prayer. Relax and hold the position for some time. Now repeat the same with the opposite leg.
Bridge Pose –
Bridge Pose or ‘Setu Bhanda’ in Sanskrit is one of the best Yoga Poses for Beginners to strengthen the chest, spine, thighs and neck. To begin with Bridge Pose lies down on the floor, bend your knees and then lift your hips up. With the support of your arms clasp your hands under the bridge that is made by your knees and upper part. Try to lift your hips up strictly parallel to the floor or try to touch your chest with the chin.
Child’s Pose –
Child’s Pose is one of the easiest postures in the Yoga Poses for Beginners. In Sanskrit the pose is often called as’ Balasana’ stretches your hips, releases your back and neck pain. Surprisingly you can do this asana on the bed also. To start with the pose, relax and sit comfortably on your heels. Bend forward your body drawing out your arms in the forward direction. Rest your forehead on the surface. Take a deep breath and hold for about a minute or two.
Trikonasana or the Triangle Pose is another easy Yoga pose for beginners that stretches your whole body and gives you a sigh of relief from back pain. Even during the time of pregnancy triangle pose is recommended by the doctors as well. Stand straight on the floor; spread your legs around the distance of 3-4 feet. Turn your left leg toe out to 90 degree. Allow your left hand to touch your left toe without folding the right knee and extend your right hand in the upward direction. Follow the same steps with right leg also.
Upward Facing Dog-
Upward Facing Dog or Urdhva Mukha Svanasana relives you with back pain problems and strengthens the shoulders and wrist. Lie down with the face down on the floor. Put your hands on the surface apace with your body. Now with the support of the palms, drop down the shoulders in the downward and backward direction. Push your chest in the forward direction and raise your head in the upward direction. Hold there for a minute and relax. Yoga Pose for beginners guide many a times does not add this asana in the list.