Just 20 Minutes Sun Salutation Yoga Has Incredible Effects on Wellness
There will be no life on Earth without Sun. Sun salutation or Surya Namaskar is a sign of thanks to the Sun that is the reason of all of the life force on the planet.
Sun Salutation Yoga Benefits: Surya Namaskar has a couple of benefits and if you do it regularly, it can not only help you lose excess weight but can help you fight with disease. A few benefits are:
- Sun salutation or Surya namaskar, ideally finished facing the early morning Sun that helps your body to bath in its benefits because Sun rays are enriched with vitamin D and helps to make your bones stronger. It also helps to clear your vision.
- Apart from improving one’s pose, this asana gives a suitable workout to the body and helps in losing unwanted fat or obesity.
- Daily practice of Sun Salutation Yoga can help to lose excess belly fat.
- The pose of this yoga stretches your muscles and builds your body very flexible.
- The moves and poses of this yoga help to improve functions of your internal organs as multiple postures regulates your blood flow, improves the digestive system and builds it more efficient.
- It helps to fight against insomnia as it calms the body and mind.
- It makes childbirth easier and helps to regulate menstrual cycles.
- This asana makes blood circulation easy and thus help in hair growth and stop hair problems.
- It decreases anxiety and restlessness and increases your vitality and strength.
- Sun salutation yoga benefits for not only adults but also for kids.
Sun salutation yoga is a set of 12 (twelve) fixed cyclical movements that bring breath, body and mind together- a technique for getting something that can help you go deep in meditation.
Pranamasana (Salutation Pose)
- Stand straight with feet together.
- Connect the palm together in the frontage of chest.
- Focus on standing erect, stable and in a prayerful manner. Exhale fully.
- This yoga pose helps to reduce a state of nervousness, calmness and relaxation.
- It activates the Anahata chakra.
Hasta uttanasana (Raises arm pose)
- In this Sun Salutation Yoga pose, stretch both the arms over the head, palms facing in the air.
- Bend the back and extend the entire body.
- This pose stretches the abdomen and chest and lifts the energy (Prana) upward to the upper body parts pushed by inhalation.
- It stretches and tones the muscle of abdomen.
- It improves digestion.
- It increases the chest and the spine cage resulting in complete intake of oxygen.
- The lung capacity is completely utilized.
Padahastasana (Hand to foot Pose)
- Bend your body forward and down, keep the backbone straight. Prevent collapsing the chest and over rounding the upper back.
- Stay your legs straight and perpendicular to the floor.
- The knees may be permitted to bend a little if required.
- In this Sun Salutation Yoga, abdominal organs such as kidneys, liver, pancreas, uterus, adrenals and ovaries massages.
- Increases digestion and female problems like prolapsed and menstrual irregularities are relieved.
- A strong flow of blood is propelled to the spine nerves as they are toned and stretched.
- Inversion raises the blood flow to the brain.
Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose)
- On your next breathing, expand the left leg back and fall the knee to the floor.
- The right knee is twisted and put between the hands and the right leg kept flat on the floor.
- Raise the spine and open up the chest.
- Concentrate on the eyebrow center.
- This Sun salutation yoga poses offers flexibility to the leg muscles throughout stretching.
- It tones the abdominal organs.
- It provides a sense of nervous balance.
Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
- On the exhalation, bring both the legs together.
- Simultaneously lift the lower head and buttocks between the arms so that the entire body makes a triangle with the ground.
- Try to put the heels flat on the floor and concentrate at the neck area.
- Mountain Pose strengthens the muscles and nerves in the legs and arms.
- Makes the spine taut and straight and stretches the calf muscles.
- It tones spinal nerves and relieves varicose veins.
Ashtanga Namaskara (Salutation with eight limbs)
- Exhaling slowly drops both the knees to the floor and gently slides the body down at an angle as you bring the chin and chest to the floor.
- All the eight limbs- chin, chest, hands, toes and knees- touch the ground.
- The buttocks are put up and hold the breath.
- This Sun salutation yoga pose develops the chest and makes your arms stronger.
- It sends extra blood to this area helping to revitalize the nerves.
You May Also Like:- Shed pounds of your fat with power yoga for weight loss
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lower the hips while pushing the chest ahead and upward with the help of hands until the spine is completely arched and the head is facing up.
- The lower abdomen and knees remain above the ground.
- Concentrate at the base of spine and feel the stress from the onward pull.
- This posture provides dynamic growth to the organs of abdomen and chest, relieving many disorders like constipation, indigestion, asthma, liver and kidney problems.
- It is very useful in relieving stress in spinal nerves and back muscles.
Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
- Breathe out and get back to the pose 5 i.e. Parvatasana.
Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equation Pose)
- Breathe in and swing the right foot ahead between the hands.
- The left foot keeps back.
- Take up again pose 4.
Padahastasana (Hand to leg pose)
- Exhale and bring the left leg ahead.
- Join both feet and resume pose 3.
Hastauttanasana (Raised Arm Pose)
- Inhaling, lift the trunk up and bend backward.
- Now resume pose 2.
Pranamasana (Salutation Pose)
- Make the body straight and bring the hands frontage of the chest.
- Then continue pose 1.
Do these Sun Salutation Yoga poses regularly can great effects on your body wellness and even get you out of the psychological or mental slump.