Everything You Need To Uncover About Pasasana – The Noose Pose!
Over the last few decades, there has been a drastic boost in the popularity of Yoga. And the reason is pretty obvious, YOGA is the “Rhythm” of body and “Harmony” of the soul. It will teach you some graceful ways to cope up better with depression and stress and helps to cultivate mindfulness.
Yoga is the practice that connects one’s mind, body, and soul through different body postures. Here we are gonna discuss one of the admirable yoga posture or asana i.e. “PASASANA”.
The Pasasana is also called as “Noose Pose”. Basically, the word Pasasana belongs to the Sanskrit dictionary in which word “Pasa” means “Noose” and word “Asana” means “Pose”. Some people also called this pose a twister.
Image Source = “paradisecourses”
The Noose pose is an advanced posture that gives your upper body a good stretch and demands stable foundation. According to the yoga expert, the pose is really suitable for intermediate as well as advanced practitioners. If you want to discover more about the Pasasana, then keep on reading this article very carefully.
Things To Unlock Prior To Start The Noose Pose Or Pasasana
Yoga is the activity you can practice both in the morning and in the evening but it is best to practice yoga in the early morning. Also prior to starting this pose just make sure to keep your bowels empty. Ensure that you have your meals at least 5 to 6 hours before you practice the asana.
Step By Step Instruction To Practice Pasasana Or Noose Pose
- To begin this yoga posture, firstly stand in Tadasana
- Gradually bend down your knees and take the full squat with your heels on the ground. If in case you face difficulty in attempting the pose, then use a folded blanket under your heels to make the squatting posture easier.
- Twist your belly and sightly upper body to your right direction and extend your left arm. Also keep your upper body close to your thighs.
- Then, move your palm in downward as you bend your elbow to wrap the forearms around the right shin.
- Now here you have to focus on stretching, force out your right hand and move swiftly it to the back. After that hold your left wrist with your right hand.
- Don’t forget to continue the breath-in and breathe-out. Turn your head to the right, and pull your shoulder blades backward such that they are towards each other. As you breathe, lift and lengthen your sternum through the top of your head.
- While exhale twist your body further and go forward with your left ribs.
- Now, hold this posture for a few seconds or for 1 minute (if you can) and release. And then practice the asana by other side.
Precautions And Contraindications
Pasasana is not a simple asana to perform, there are a few points of caution you should always keep in mind before you practice this asana.
- It is recommended to avoid this pose if you have knee injuries.
- Also don’t try this pose if you are suffering from severe lower back pain or have herniated disk.
Beginner’s Tips To Practice Pasasana – The Noose Pose
No wonder, Pasasana is a hard posture to perform especially if you are a beginner. But, no worries there are some amazing tips you can try hands on if you are a novice.
- If you are a beginner and want to perform this asana then use a chair and sit on the edge of the chair.
- Twist your body to the right and now touch your left hand to the outside of the right knee.
- To opt for a great twist make sure you push your right hand against the back of your chain and try to lift your spine a little.
- Don’t forget to breath-in and breathe-out while maintaining your posture. After that slightly lean forward and press your left forearm to the right knee.
- Hold this position at least for 30 sec.
- Slowly put your left torso closer to your thighs and then press your palms against each other.
- While breath-out untwist your body and practice the asana on the other side.
What Are The Benefits of Practicing The Noose Pose OR Pasasana?
- Pasasana is an awesome posture for spine, it helps in reduce the tension in the upper back and shoulder.
- The noose pose is extremely beneficial for treating Asthma, Indigestion, Menstrual discomfort, Flatulence and Sciatica.
- It strengthen the hips and ankles due to the squatting position of the legs.
- It tones the ankle and also increase the blood circulation.
- The body posture will improve with regular practice of Noose Pose.
Variation & Advanced Posture
Image Source = “myyogazone”
The famous pasasana or the noose pose is great pose for the yoga fanatics. You might have seen the intermediate pose in yoga classes but, it does have an advance variation which can be more beneficial for your health.
In the advance pose you have to follow the same procedure but here you have to focus more on the twist and to increase the twist you have to use your arm and wrapped around the legs to pull down the top arm. It will give you an intense posture and hold this posture for at least 1 minute. This posture is very beneficial and will boost your energy.