Know What is the Best Time to Do Yoga and Precautions to be Taken
We talk, read, search about yoga practice, the best asanas for particular pains etc, but we often miss discussing the best time to practice it. If you are a yoga practitioner, you must be knowing if doing yoga in morning or evening really makes a difference in the results or not? But if you are a beginner, here’s a guide explaining about the timings to do the yoga and precautions to be taken.
When to do Yoga?
The best time to perform yoga is in the early morning before breakfast. While you wake up, take shower if you wish and begin your day with yoga practice. According to experts, Brahma Muhurta i.e. 3:40 a.m. is the ideal time to perform yoga, but it can be too early for some. Therefore, sunrise is the best practice time to do yoga. In case, if you can’t practice in morning, the evening is also a good time to try your hands on new yoga asanas.
When you do yoga early morning, the fresh air makes you prepare for the daily challenges. And what could be better than the energy you get from the yoga sessions? Morning is the time when your joints and muscles are stiffest and yoga helps in stretching the muscles and adds flexibility to the body.
Furthermore, doing yoga in morning is an excellent way to rejuvenate your mind and spirit to take up the challenges throughout the day.
Place of Practice:
• It is recommended to practice, yoga in the fresh air and clean place to improve concentration.
• Performing yoga at an outdoor place is fine but make sure to avoid cold wind.
Precautions to be Taken While Performing Yoga
• Whether you are 15 or 50, yoga never prohibits you of age. However, the techniques and number of steps in poses may vary.
• Never ever practice, yoga under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
• Those who are suffering from chronic diseases or disabilities should consult a yoga practitioner before starting the pose to avoid further damage.
Yoga should always be performed on yoga mats. A few other accessories like yoga blocks, blankets, cushions help you in making the yoga posture better. Remove all your accessories, like watches and heavy jewellery to do the pose with ease.