Beat Your Stress And Anxiety With Sheetkari Pranayama (Hissing Breath)
In the fast-paced modern lifestyle, stress and anxiety are common experiences for most people. Sometimes, it may seem like there is nothing you can do about them. But, that’s not true.
Are you looking for a solution to deal with stress? Do you want to live a peaceful and stress-free life? What if I say, the solution to all these problems is breathing well? Yes, you read it right.
No wonder, tension and anxiety can cause several health problems in our body. And it is best to explore natural healing methods that give long-lasting results to eliminate stress from our life.
“Sheetkari Pranayama” is one such natural healing method belongs to the ancient yoga. Sheetkari Pranayama means ‘Cool Breathing’ as this breathing technique cools down our body.
Sheetkari Pranayama is similar to the Sheetali Pranayama. Both are practiced especially during the summer months to provide a cooling effect on the body and the mind. However, the main objective of these pranayamas is to reduce the stress and promote well being. While doing this pranayama, a sound is produced by the teeth. That’s why it is also known as “Hissing Breath”.
Here, you will know about Sheetkari Pranayama. Scroll down to discover more.
Points You Need To Keep In Mind Before You Do Sheetkari Pranayama
Morning is an ideal time to practice yoga. It is always good to practice Sheetkari Pranayama in the morning. If it is not convenient, you can practice it in the evening on an empty stomach. Make sure you have your meals at least four to six hours before practice this pranayama.
How To Do Sheetkari Pranayama Or Hissing Breath?
Image Source = “yogadaycelebration“
- To begin this pranayama, first sit in a meditative pose.
- Close your eyes and try to touch the tongue upward.
- After that, join the upper and lower row of teeth.
- Now, open your lips only and not mouth. Start inhaling by making the sound ‘See-See’.
- After that, close your lips and exhale through the nose.
- Repeat this process at least six to eight times.
Points of Cautions You Need To Keep In Mind While Practicing Sheetkari Pranayama
- If you are suffering from cold and cough, asthma, tonsillitis or any other respiratory problems, then it is recommended to avoid this asana. Or you can take suggestions from an expert yoga instructor.
- If you have low blood pressure and heart problems, then you should consult your doctor before you practice this asana.
- The ideal season to perform this pranayama is summer. Also, try to perform this pranayama in a clean place.
- As per the advice of yoga instructor, you should avoid this asana in extremely cold days of winter.
Perks Of Practicing Sheetkari Pranayama Or Hissing Breath
- Practicing Sheetkari Pranayama daily helps improve memory and intelligence.
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It helps to purify blood and refreshes the body.
- If you want to rejuvenate your energy and body, then Sheetkari Pranayama is a great solution.
- Sheetkari pranayama helps reduce excess heat from the body and also controls the negative thoughts.
- It brightens the skin and delays aging.
- It improves the immune system of the body and helps fight diseases like common cold or flu.